Tuesday, August 19, 2014

PEARL OF THE DAY


One flame alone doesn't burn too bright but many flames united, can light up the night.

Sometimes we feel that we aren't important enough...we say things like "I'm just a housewife!" 
I am guilty of making such statements, especially during those times when I wasn't working. 
I have now come to see that, raising four children, almost single-handed, was certainly not being "just a housewife".
My husband left for work at 7:30am and was home by 4pm, at which time he would have a shower and sit and relax for the rest of the day. 
My day started at 7am and didn't finish until 9:30pm, this is not counting the times I was up during the night when the children were ill or if they needed something.
I never thought I was important, after all, I was just a housewife with no degree. 
We were brought up to believe, the husband is important because he goes to work and pays the bills. 
We were also brought up to believe that people with degrees are important. 
This has been our conditioning.
I can tell you now, we are ALL important...we may all be ONE flame and think, one flame alone doesn't burn too bright but have you ever lit one candle, then another, then another, and so on?
With every candle you light, the dark slowly becomes brighter and brighter and if you light a room full of candles, that room will eventually be, totally lit up.
You may be one flame but you are an important flame...never, ever underestimate your importance in this beautiful planet of ours!
Be a light for those in darkness...shine your light and do so with gusto!
With Love, Light, and Gratitude
Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment